Faneuil St Map 1875
Brooks House, the
farmhouse of Brooks estate, the largest farm in Brighton
in the 1870s, stands at 17-19 Hobson Street, corner of
Bothwell. It was likely relocated slightly at the time of
the subdivision and development of the Brooks property in
the late 19th century. See the Brooks Estate on the above map between Brooks St and Faneuil St
1890 Map showing at the top left
the New England Dressed Meat and Wool Company Fat Rendering Works
between North Beacon and Faneuil St with Parsons St at the bottom left.
See http://www.bahistory.org/Abattoir.html for related information on Brighton's Meat Processing industry
1875 Map of the Duncklee Estate.
& Estate in 1904. Stood near the intersection of
Duncklee and Harriet Streets, off of Faneuil Street.
Viewed from the corner of Oakland & Faneuil/Arlington
Streets (see map above). Dana Stream from Chandler's Pond is in the center.
Dunklee mansion. Gorham
Parsons bought 70 acres in Brighton in the late 1700s and called it
Oakland Farms. John Dunklee purchased the buildings and 17.5
acres of this land in 1838.
House on the Dunklee property
Brooks Pond Map 1890
Brooks Pond and Ice House between Faneuil and Hobart St.
See above map. The peaked building to the left of center is
the former Bennet Grammar School
at 29 Chestnut Hill Avenue
Brooks Pond and Hobart School. See yellow school building in the top left of the above map
Hobart School Students and Teachers 1899
89 Hobart St
Oak Square Ave from Faneuil St
The original Faneuil Congregational Church at 100 Brooks St.
In 1917, it was sold for $7,000 to the City of Boston for first home of the Faneuil Branch Library
before moving to Oak Square. Today it is a residential home.
Interior of the original Faneuil Congregational Church
Meeting at the original Faneuil Congregational Church
The new site of the Faneuil Congregational Church at the corner of Brooks and Bigelow St built in 1913
Groundbreaking of the new Congregational Church. Notice the original church in the background.
Groundbreaking of the new Congregational Church
43-47 Brooks Street, which was built in 1873, and which served for a
time as the headquarters of the Faneuil Congregational Church Sunday
Dedication of the intersection of Brooks St
and Woodmont St (formerly Parkman St) in memory of a soldier who died at war. The date is c1920. The Ensign
Manufacturing Co is in the center of the photo which later became a donut factory.
Faneuil Depot for the Boston & Albany Railroad at Brooks St
Same view as the previous photo just before demolition for the construction of the Mass Pike c1960
Rear of Faneuil Depot
10 cars on the B&A Southwestern Limited passing Faneuil Depot on May 29, 1926
Depot area 1905. The Depot location (center) would now be the
Westbound portion of the Mass Pike. The tracks were moved south
during the Mass Pike construction. The large building to the
right of center was the home of the Faneuil Watch Tool Company. The lawn to the right of Brooks St became the site of a newer addition to the factory,
seen below just prior to its demolition for the relocated tracks.
Destruction of the Faneuil Depot c1960
B&A Local Train at Faneuil on August 24, 1935.
The Perkins School Chapel Tower is to the right of Center
Overturned crane at landfill near the Faneuil Depot c1900
Train near the Faneuil Depot 1898
Faneuil Marsh. This scene probably represents the filling in of the marshes for the construction of Nonantum Road.